If you are about to start playing FIFA Mobile, or if you have been playing for a while, you may need some control guides, because sometimes you will be confused because you don’t know how to operate various actions and gestures.
Also Read : FIFA Mobile Gameplay Modes & Control Guides Overview 2023
This article introduces the basic FIFA Mobile control guides. I personally highly recommend that you open the game and try to synchronize the operation while reading the article, so that you can get started faster and score points for your dream team.
Let’s hit the road.
Table of Contents
FIFA Mobile Controls List
As shown in the picture below, after entering the game, you will see several buttons on the screen of your mobile phone during the FIFA Mobile game.
Other than doing gestures, simply putting your finger on the the botton can activate the players’ movement in FIFA Mobile.
|Move Player||Move the Virtual Stick|
|Sprint||Hold ‘SPRINT & SKILL’||Watch the demo|
|Skill Move (Unlocks at level 7)||Tap or Swipe ‘SPRINT & SKILL’ to any direction||Watch the demo|
|Face Up Dribble||Double Tap and Hold the Virtual Stick||Watch the demo|
Here are the way you make ball passing through the buttons and gestures in FIFA Mobile.
|Ground Pass||Press or Hold ‘PASS’||Tap into or behind one of your players||Watch the demo|
|Pass and Go||Press or Hold ‘PASS’ and swipe down||–||Watch the demo|
|Lob Pass||Press or Hold ‘PASS’ and swipe up||Double tap into or behind one of your players||Watch the demo|
|Ground Through Pass||Press or Hold ‘THROUGH’||Tap in front of one of your players||Watch the demo|
|Lob Through Pass||Press or Hold ‘THROUGH’ and swipe up||Double tap in front of one of your players||Watch the demo|
|Cross||In the crossing zone, press or Hold ‘PASS’ and swipe up||In the crossing zone, double tap into near or far post||Watch the demo|
|Low Cross||In the crossing zone, press or Hold ‘PASS’ and swipe right||–||Watch the demo|
|Ground Cross||In the crossing zone, press or Hold ‘PASS’ and swipe left||–||Watch the demo|
|Shot/Volley/Header||Press or Hold ‘SHOOT’||Swipe in a straight line towards the goal||Watch the demo|
|Finesse Shot||Press or Hold ‘SHOOT’ and swipe down||Swipe in a curved line towards the goal||Watch the demo|
|Chip Shot||Press or Hold ‘SHOOT’ and swipe up||Tap on the goal||Watch the demo|
|Fake Shot||Press or Hold ‘SHOOT’ and swipe left||–||Watch the demo|
|Press Mark||When close to the opponent, hold ‘SPRINT & TACKLE’||Tap the opponent ball carrier||Watch the demo|
|Contain||Move the Virtual Stick||–||Watch the demo|
|Manual Stand Tackle||When between opponent and your goal, Tap ‘SPRINT & TACKLE’||–||Watch the demo|
|Push and Pull||When chasing, Tap ‘SPRINT & TACKLE’||–||Watch the demo|
|Slide Tackle||Press ‘SLIDE’||When out of possession in your own half, Swipe||Watch the demo|
|Clearance||Press ‘CLEAR’||When in possession in your own half, Swipe||Watch the demo|
|Second Defender||Press ‘2nd Def’||Double tap on the field||Watch the demo|
|GK Rush||Press ‘2nd Def’ and swipe down||Tap on your your GK||Watch the demo|
|Player Switching||Press ‘SWITCH’*||Tap on your teammate||Watch the demo|
What’s different between Gestures & Buttons?
I strongly recommend that you practice mixing the two!
In FIFA Mobile games, you will inevitably have to dribble, pass, assist, fake or real shots in a short period of time, and you must operate without hesitation between the transitions of actions. Only then will you be able to maximize the strength of the selected top players.
Gestures allow you to move more smoothly between actions; buttons make each action more specific. Familiarity with gestures and button controls is essential to improving your FIFA Mobile success.
FIFA Mobile Button Controls
Regarding the basic controls of FIFA Mobile buttons, they can be roughly divided into 4 categories according to the type of action triggered:
Do you think that passing the ball is just kicking the ball to other teammates? In fact, according to statistics, if a team has a higher pass success rate, the team will hold the ball longer, and the relative probability of winning will also increase. bigger.
In FIFA Mobile, you have 14 options for passing the ball alone. It sounds like a lot, but sometimes the differences between them are very small. However, these small differences can be the key to the success of your pass.
- Controlling tip–Press or Hold ‘PASS’ Button
Your most basic Pass type to move the ball around quickly. The longer you hold the Button down, the further the Pass will travel and corresponding teammate will be selected as the receiver.
Pressing the Pass Button does the following:
- Quick tap: Pass to the closest Player that you’re aiming to.
- Hold: Selects a player in the furthest position. If a defender passes when holding, then it skips the midfielder and goes to the attacker.
- Max hold: The longer you hold the Button down the further the Pass will travel and corresponding teammate will be selected as the Receiver.
#2-Pass & Go
- Controlling Tip–Press or Hold ‘PASS’ Button and Swipe ‘DOWN’
You can send your controlled player on a run towards the Goal after making his Pass by swiping down the PASS Button. The player will make the run until he reaches the Offside Line or you lose possession of the ball.
- Controlling Tip–Press or Hold ‘PASS’ Button and Swipe ‘UP’
In FIFA Mobile game, you can use the Lob Pass to switch the side of play or send the ball up the field faster. The longer you hold the Button down the further the Pass will travel and the teammate that you aim at will be selected as the Receiver in FIFA Mobile.
#5-Ground Through Pass
- Controlling tip–Press or Hold ‘THROUGH’ Button
This pass type is a leading pass into open area, allowing your teammate to run onto the ball and preserve his forward momentum. The longer you hold the Button down the further the Pass will travel and corresponding teammate will be selected as the Receiver.
#6-Lob Through Pass
- Controlling Tip–Press or Hold ‘THROUGH’ Button and Swipe ‘UP’
This pass allows you to send the ball over defenders and into an open spot for your teammates to run into. This is especially useful in the attacking third when trying to beat the offside line and utilize open space in front of the goal.
The longer you hold the Button down the further the Pass will travel and corresponding teammate will be selected as the Receiver.
- Controlling tip–Press or Hold ‘PASS’ Button and Swipe ‘UP’
When in the Crossing Zone, which is the area left and right to the penalty box, use this lobbed pass to whip the ball into the penalty box for your teammate to head it into the goal. You can control whether you want to cross near or far post, depending on how long you hold the button down.
You can select between Full or Semi Assisted Crossing in the Settings as well in FIFA Mobile. With Crossing Assistance OFF, you have more control over the Power and corresponding Distance of your Crosses.
#8-Ground and Low Cross
When in the Crossing Zone in FIFA Mobile, use these two cross types with their low and driven trajectory to cross the ball into the box. Ideally used when you have a clear crossing path to a teammate and aim for a diving header or sliding shot.
- Ground Cross–Press or Hold ‘PASS’ Button and Swipe ‘LEFT’
- Low Cross–Press or Hold ‘PASS’ Button and Swipe ‘RIGHT’
You can enable advanced forms of passing in “Settings”, then tapping on “Preferences” and toggling “Advanced Passing” on.
Advanced Passing allows you to perform Dinked Ground Passes, Driven Ground Passes, Dinked Ground Through Passes, and Driven Lob Passes
#10-Dinked Ground Pass
- Controlling tip–Double Tap ‘PASS’ Button
A Pass variation that travels with a slight elevation to avoid a defender’s leg. These passes are great for working in tight spaces or if there is a defender in your way.
#11-Driven Ground Pass
- Controlling tip– Press or Hold ‘PASS’ Button and Swipe ‘RIGHT’
A faster version of the regular Ground Pass. Driven Ground Passes are a great way to push the pace of play, make your way up field quickly, and thread the needle in tight spaces. Due to its pace, receivers are more likely to take a poor first touch in FIFA Mobile.
#12-Dinked Through Pass
Controlling tip– Double Tap ‘THROUGH’ Button
A variation of the Ground Through Pass with slight elevation to avoid a defender’s leg. It’s useful to work in tight spaces that a regular Ground Through Pass could be intercepted.
#13-Driven Lob Pass
- Controlling tip– Press or Hold ‘PASS’ Button and Swipe ‘LEFT’
A Lob Pass variation that travels with more pace and power. It’s useful to cover long distances quickly, but it’s harder for receivers to control their first touch.
- Controlling tip–Press or Hold “THROUGH” Button and Swipe ‘UP’
Trigger one of your players to make an attacking run forward when you’re in possession of the ball. The direction of your touchpad dictates which player will go on a triggered run.
You’ll see yellow arrows appear beside the player when a trigger run is initiated. You can trigger up to 4 runs at once during a single possession and in any part of the pitch in FIFA Mobile.
- Controlling tip–Press or Hold ‘SHOOT’ Button
Your regular most powerful shot in the game. Hold the button down to increase power and corresponding height. Be careful not to overpower and shoot over the goal.
- Controlling tip–Press or Hold ‘SHOOT’ Button and Swipe ‘DOWN’
In FIFA Mobile, this Shot trades power for accuracy and allows you to curl the ball around the GK or Defender attempting a block. The amount of Curl is based on the Player’s Curve Attribute.
- Controlling tip–Press or Hold ‘SHOOT’ Button and Swipe ‘UP’
This shot is designed to chip/lob the ball over the rushing GK. Hold down the Shoot button for a higher arch and track.
- Controlling tip Press or Hold ‘SHOOT’ Button and Swipe ‘LEFT’
This allows you to fake a shot attempt and bait the defender into making a tackle or block attempt. Use this to break defender momentum and put yourself into a better shooting position in FIFA Mobile.
- Controlling tip- Hold ‘SPRINT & SKILL’ Button
Allows your player to accelerate and Sprint forward with the ball. The player’s Acceleration Attribute will determine his explosiveness whereas his Sprint Speed Attribute will determine the max speed he can achieve.
- Controlling-tip– Tap ‘SPRINT & SKILL’ Button
Skill Moves unlock at level 7. Use this skilled dribble move to get past opponents in style. Each player will have a default skill move assigned but you can customize up to 4 additional skill moves in team management. This allows you to choose the ideal skill move based on context.
#3-Face Up Dribble
- Controlling tip–Double Tap and Hold the Virtual Stick
This will put the player into a face up dribble and moving lateral left to right. Use this dribble in tight spaces or before transitioning into an explosive Sprint dribble touch or skill move. You can also use it to break momentum during a sprinting jostle with a defender and create space in FIFA Mobile.
- Controlling tip–Hold ‘SPRINT & TACKLE’ Button (when close to an opposing Player and pointing the virtual stick in their direction)
Your FIFA Mobile player will enter the Press Marking state and attempt to sprint towards the opponent and attempt to automatically tackle the ball. Use your Virtual Stick to influence the movement and direction.
You can manually control the movement while pointing away from the Opponent Dribbler and simply manually sprint into an open area as well. This defensive control is very effective but also makes players tire more quickly.
#2-Contain – Tactical Defense
- Controlling tip– Use the Virtual Stick only
This is the more Tactical way of Defending as your Player will keep close distance to the opponent dribble but won’t go in for a tackle unless you request it. It allows you to keep the opponent at bay and force him in a specific direction.
Note that your player will automatically sprint if necessary to stay with the opponent and you are not required to hold the Sprint button.
#3-Manual Stand Tackle
- Controlling tip– Tap ‘SPRINT & TACKLE’ Button (when goal side)
Whether you Press Mark or Contain, you can at any point launch a Manual Stand Tackle, when facing and closing in on your opponent. Note that these manual tackles have a larger range than automatic tackles, and better represent the Stand Tackle Attribute of your Defender.
#4-Push and Pull
- Controlling tip– Tap ‘SPRINT & TACKLE’ Button (when chasing)
When you find yourself chasing the opponent dribbler, you can repeatedly push and pull him, in order to slow him down or force an error. Be careful not to overuse it, as this can cause a foul.
- Controlling tip–Tap ‘SLIDE’ Button
High risk/high reward kind of tackle. Ideally used for blocking shots or trying to cover as much ground as possible. Use with caution as a missed slide tackle which takes down the opponent will likely result in a yellow or even red card.
- Controlling tip– Tap ‘CLEAR’ Button
When in Possession of the ball and being in your own half of the pitch, the Shoot Button will become the Clear Button.
Clearances are the most effective way to clear the ball as quickly as possible in dangerous situations when you’re having a match in FIFA Mobile. We also recommend using this in Defensive Header situations, such as crosses or corner kicks by the opponent.
- Controlling tip– Tap ‘2nd Def’ Button
This allows you to call a teammate to help pressure the Opponent Dribble. You can press the Button to Toggle this behavior On or Off. This is a very effective way to gain possession of the ball in a FIFA Mobile match.
However, use with caution as this not only drains the teammate’s stamina faster, but also can pull the teammate out of his position and create space for the opponent to play passes into.
- Controlling tip– Press ‘2nd Def’ Button and Swipe ‘Down’
At any point, you can call your GK to rush out of his goal and pressure/tackle the Opponent Dribbler. You can press the Button to Toggle this behavior On or Off. Ideally used when the opponent is on a breakaway and you have no Defenders left to stop him.
- Controlling tip– Press ‘SWITCH’ Button
When Defending, at any time you can press this button to switch from one player to another to control them. Note that you can change your Switching Preference in the Settings. You can choose between Automatic, Fully Manual, or Air Balls Only.
- Auto: The current default option. Auto Switching always tries to select the best suited player for the current situation based on who is most likely able to take the ball. Even with Auto Switching enabled, you can still manually switch with buttons or tapping.
- Manual: In FIFA Mobile, you’re fully in control of switching your players. We won’t automatically switch you to a close player unless you press the button or tap on a player.
- Air Ball: This is like Manual switching, except Auto Switching will take over on crosses, lobbed through balls, lobbed passes, goal kicks, corners, and free kicks. Auto Switching occurs once and selects the player best suited to get to the ball based on its trajectory.
FIFA Mobile Set Pieces Controls
Set pieces are also set pieces. In regular football games, you will always see players need to play in a specific position due to various factors, which are called Set pieces.
The next paragraphs will introduce the control guides of various fixed-point kicks, such as free kicks, corner kicks and penalty kicks in FIFA Mobile.
Short Free Kick
When fouled next to the outskirts of the opponent’s Penalty area, you can be awarded a Short Free Kick
- Controlling tip–
Swipe in a Curved Line or Up and Down.
Pan the camera using the side arrow Buttons.
In a short free kick, you can make some amazing tracks by swiping gestures.
- Side spin: Swipe from the side (left/right) AROUND the human defending wall. You must curing the ball around the wall and on goal to apply side spin in a FIFA Mobile match.
- Top spin: Swipe up and down, drawing a track OVER the human defending wall. Dipping the ball over the wall and on go.
Short Free Kick Defending
- Controlling tip–free kick button
When finding yourself in a Free Kick situation against your opponent, there are a few actions you can take to try and block the shot.
- Wall Jump: Press this Button to make your whole wall jump. Timing here is important and make sure to jump not too early or late, in order to try and block the opponent’s shot.
- Wall Rush: You can have a single player in your wall get ready to rush once the ball is kicked.
- Wall Creep: You can attempt to move your wall forward and close the gap to the Opponent Kick Taker. Be careful, as doing this may cause the Referee to call this and potentially even give a yellow card in a FIFA Mobile match.
Long Free Kick
When fouled in your own half of the field or in the midfield area, you can be awarded a Long Free Kick
Controlling tip– TAP on a player or press “PASS” while aiming towards a receiver to pass. Pan the camera using the side arrow Buttons.
For the player taking the penalty kick, you have two options in FIFA Mobile:
- Swipe Straight for a hard and driven Shot
- Curved Swipe for a Finesse Shot
Also,in FIFA Mobile, you need to be aware that the speed at which you swipe will determine the speed at which you shoot, your fingers are just like the player itself.
- Driven Shot Demo
- Finesse Shot Demo
Penalty Kick Defending
As the GK in FIFA Mobile, there are two ways to dive and attempt a save:
- TAP towards the location in the Goal where you want to dive to
- SWIPE towards the location in the Goal where you want to dive to
Goal Kicks as a GK
When you are in the goalkeeper position and need to do a Goal Kick, you also have two control options:
- TAP on a teammate or into Space to perform a Pass to that location
- SWIPE towards where you want to kick the ball – the speed of your swipe will determine the kick power and distance of your goal kick
When the ball goes out of bounds and the referee awards the ball to your team, you will need to throw the ball from outside the bounds with your hands. To do this, you have the following 3 options in FIFA Mobile :
- Press “THROW” Button aiming towards the receiver
- TAP on a teammate to receive the ball
- Press “RECEIVER” and control a teammate with the floating stick to adjust his positioning
Compared with other situations in FIFA Mobile, the operation of the corner kick is much simpler, you only need to choose one of our players as the receiver. No matter it’s in a real football match or in FIFA Mobile, the corner kick is a good opportunity to score, remember to seize it!
- Controlling tip–TAP on a receiver to aim the Corner Kick towards him
Quick Free Kick
When being fouled while building up your play, you may be given a chance to take a Quick Free Kick and keep the momentum up.
- Press “PASS” and aim to a receiver to quickly pass the ball
- TAP on a teammate to pass the ball
Wait without taking any action to be awarded a regular Free Kick.